What Does A Chemical Technician Do?
Chemical technicians research, develop, and/or produce chemical products or processes under the supervision of a chemist or chemical engineer.
How Do I Become A Chemical Technician?
Completing a two-year college program in chemical technology or a related field is necessary to obtain one of these positions.
What is the Average Salary For A Chemical Technician?
High – 76,000
Median – 45,000
Low – 27,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Chemical Technician?
- Science – As much as possible, including chemistry and biology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Chemical Technician?
Technicians typically work in laboratories, where they conduct experiments, or in chemical or drug manufacturing facilities, where they monitor production processes.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Chemical Technician?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada