What Does A Psychiatric Technician Do?
Psychiatric technicians assist with the therapeutic care and monitoring of patients who are mentally ill.
How Do I Become A Psychiatric Technician?
Completing a certificate or two-year program in mental health technology may be required to obtain this position.
What is the Average Salary For A Psychiatric Technician?
High – 59,000
Median – 30,000
Low – 21,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Psychiatric Technician?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Psychiatric Technician?
Psychiatric technicians typically work in mental health-related hospitals and treatment centers and for the government.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Psychiatric Technician?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada