What Does A CT Technologist Do?
A CT Specialist injects contrast material into a person’s blood, then places them in a machine to produce a CT scan.
How Do I Become A CT Technologist?
Completing a two- year college program in Radiologic Technology or a related field is necessary to perform this job. Additional courses specifically related to CT scans may also be required.
What is the Average Salary For A CT Technologist?
High – 82,000
Median – 57,000
Low – 38,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A CT Technologist?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology, anatomy, and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A CT Technologist?
CT specialists typically work in hospitals, diagnostic labs, and doctor’s offices.
What Is The Future Outlook For A CT Technologist?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada