Child Life Specialist
What Does A Child Life Specialist Do?
A child life specialist works with kids in a health care setting to deal with stress related to chronic illnesses, injuries, disabilities, and loss.
How Do I Become A Child Life Specialist?
A four-year bachelor’s degree in a child life specialist, psychology, or related program is usually required to obtain this position.
What is the Average Salary For A Child Life Specialist?
High – 52,000
Median – 40,000
Low – 30,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Child Life Specialist?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Child Life Specialist?
Child life specialists typically work in hospitals.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Child Life Specialist?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada