What Does An Architect Do?
Architects plan and design houses and other structures.
How Do I Become An Architect?
A 4-5 year bachelor’s degree in architecture is required to obtain this position. Some organizations may require a master’s degree which may take an additional two-three years to earn.
What is the Average Salary For An Architect?
High – 120,000
Median – 70,000
Low – 45,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become An Architect?
- Science – As much as possible, including psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For An Architect?
Architects typically work for architectural and engineering firms. The work is primarily office work, but some time may be spent on construction sites monitoring projects.
What Is The Future Outlook For An Architect?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist. There may be very strong competition for the best jobs.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada