What Does An Orthodontist Do?
Orthodontists put braces on teeth in order to straighten them.
How Do I Become An Orthodontist?
This career requires a lot of education! A person must go to dental school for four years to obtain a doctor of dental medicine degree; this is after first obtaining a four-year bachelor’s degree. Then, after dental school, one must complete a three-five year program in orthodontics.
What is the Average Salary For An Orthodontist?
High – 305,000
Median – 174,000
Low – 82,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become An Orthodontist?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology, chemistry, and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For An Orthodontist?
Orthodontists work in dental or orthodonists’ offices.
What Is The Future Outlook For An Orthodontist?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada