Minimum Data Set Coordinator
What Does A Minimum Data Set Coordinator Do?
An MDS coordinator collects data related to patients in order to develop and evaluate a comprehensive care plan and to make sure the medical facility gets payment from Medicare and Medicaid.
How Do I Become A Minimum Data Set Coordinator?
Completing a two-year college program or four-year bachelor’s degree in nursing is likely required to obtain one of these positions.
What is the Average Salary For A Minimum Data Set Coordinator?
High – 72,000
Median – 58,000
Low – 44,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Minimum Data Set Coordinator?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Minimum Data Set Coordinator?
MDS coordinators typically work in facilities that provide long term care to residents.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Minimum Data Set Coordinator?
job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada