What Does A Helicopter Pilot Do?
Helicopter pilots fly for various reasons including transporting people (including patients), taking people on tours, flying for various law enforcement functions, fighting fires, among other reasons.
How Do I Become A Helicopter Pilot?
A helicopter license is required to obtain one of these positions. Some earn these licenses through flight training schools, while others receive their training within the military.
What is the Average Salary For A Helicopter Pilot?
High – 118,000
Median – 73,000
Low – 48,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Helicopter Pilot?
- Science – As much as possible!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Helicopter Pilot?
Helicopter pilots may work in tourism, transportation, law enforcement, healthcare, or for news agencies.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Helicopter Pilot?
There will likely be strong competition for these positions. Opportunities may differ based on geographical location.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada