What Does A Funeral Director Do?
Funeral directors manage all aspects of a funeral service including preparing the remains of the deceased person and organizing funerals.
How Do I Become A Funeral Director?
Completing a two-three year college program in funeral service or mortuary science is required to do this type of work.
What is the Average Salary For A Funeral Director?
High – 147,000
Median – 73,000
Low – 39,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Funeral Director?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Funeral Director?
Funeral directors work for funeral homes.
What Is The Future Outlook For A Funeral Director?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada