What Does A Dentist Do?
A dentist diagnoses and treats problems with the teeth and gums. They also work with patients to prevent future problems.
How Do I Become A Dentist?
A four-year degree from a dental school is required to obtain these positions. A student typically must first have a four-year bachelor’s degree just to enroll in dental school. That’s 8 years of college!
What is the Average Salary For A Dentist?
High – 230,000
Median – 140,000
Low – 52,000
What Courses Should I Take To Become A Dentist?
- Science – As much as possible, including biology, chemistry, and psychology!
- Math – As much as possible!
- English – As much as possible!
What Is The Work Environment For A Dentist?
You’ll find dentists in dental offices – surprise! 😉
What Is The Future Outlook For A Dentist?
The job outlook for this position looks good over the next 10 years, keeping in mind that geographical differences may exist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Careers, Labour Market Information, Government of Canada